Venom351R

Playstation 4

I got my second Hawkmoon off from Crota on hard this morn, ran my 31 Warlock at the end and got it. Here is some game play from Hard mode w/ my 32 Titan yesterday doing bubble duty, not as dramatic as the ending of yours although I took a massive hit from the Boomers on the last last run to the middle platform and had to stay in my bubble to avoid taking further damage and causing the oversoul 

Skip to 3:40 before that we are just messing around trying to get a 6th person in

http://youtu.be/3ALFxGHiiaA

I hate you lol.  I wish I could get the fang.  Oh and the Crux talk about lucky.  Why do you put your bubble up over to the right?  I only saw boomers attack it when you were in it other than that they didn't seem to mess with it.  

Ive seen the bubble used in different spots, generally Ive seen it used there the most but have also put it on the platform w/ crota. That was my third Fang, I have one on each character now. I've gotten every primary raid weapon 3 times now except for the Word of Crota. I need to do normal more Id like to get another Black Hammer, have 2 Hunger of Crota's already. 

The one thing about the boomers messing w/ the bubble when I put it up is so that it draws their attention away form the guy cutting down crota, if they are fixated on the bubble then he can lay into crota w/ out being hit, thats the only time it really matters that they mess w/ it anyway.

Yeah we never lay a bubble except for when we enter the doorway.  Hell whatever works for your team.  My word of crota is almost done then I have to work on the pulse.  My other warlock is 31 she's almost 32 which means no more switching gear soon.  Need to work on my titan next he's 30 but I haven't done much to get him to 32.

wow thats sick, love the NE Stang. I still like Destiny a lot but with no new content Im finding myself starting to play other things now. Trying to finish off the walking dead and have The Wolf Among us to do as well. I'll prob finish those up between now and project cars. Project cars, The Division and Uncharted 4 are deff must buys for me this year. Im holding off on the order 1886 until I see some reviews, if they are good I'll get that to. 4 games a yr is good for me b/c I like to try and platinum everything I get and it usually takes awhile to do that. The amount of tracks in Project cars is insane, should be an awesome game.

I managed to fit in 2 HM Raids, 1 NM Raid, and 3 Nightfalls all last night, needless to say we have it down lol.  Well my second warlock will be 32 on her own gear and my titan got what he needs gear wise to hit 32 just need more shards after the warlock uses what she needs tonight.  I'll have 3 32's by the end of the month depending on how my shard drop rate is.

my guy over at Project Cars says you want to play this with a wheel set up. Some quotes below from him.

Thrustmaster will be releasing 2 new Force Feedback Wheel and Pedal sets very soon for the PS4(both compatible with PC also). 

T300RS.jpgT300Ferrari-6.jpg

The Thustmaster T300 RS(top) & T300 Ferrari GTE(bottom) Keep your eye out on Amazon.com and I believe NewEgg.com should be selling them also.

I'll be on the PC version btw. Oh and Project CARS is very much usable with a Game Pad.

• Supporting Member

I managed to fit in 2 HM Raids, 1 NM Raid, and 3 Nightfalls all last night, needless to say we have it down lol. Well my second warlock will be 32 on her own gear and my titan got what he needs gear wise to hit 32 just need more shards after the warlock uses what she needs tonight. I'll have 3 32's by the end of the month depending on how my shard drop rate is.

my guy over at Project Cars says you want to play this with a wheel set up. Some quotes below from him.

Thrustmaster will be releasing 2 new Force Feedback Wheel and Pedal sets very soon for the PS4(both compatible with PC also).

T300RS.jpgT300Ferrari-6.jpg

The Thustmaster T300 RS(top) & T300 Ferrari GTE(bottom) Keep your eye out on Amazon.com and I believe NewEgg.com should be selling them also.

I'll be on the PC version btw. Oh and Project CARS is very much usable with a Game Pad.

Good GAWD! I can't even get my one Titan past a damned 26 it's frosting my balls. Tons of play time and I can't get any gear. Going to just do bounties and get my vanguard rating to a 2 and buy shit. I've got strange coins as well so when xur returns, I'll be buying stuff from him. Just annoyed this week.

I know Chris is on PS4 but are you @fiveohwblow ?  I didn't get as much play time in last night as I was helping a clan mate out with something but I may have some time to run you both through whatever you need this weekend.  To give you a better idea of the time frame for what I ran on Tuesday we started at 7pm EST and finished at Midnight.  We started by knocking out two Nightfalls really quick, then the two HM raids, mind you with two different sword bearers, then knocked out the last nightfall while waiting for everyone to swap weapons and do what they needed then we ran the normal mode raid.  The record for my group I normally run with on normal mode is 23:59, yes thats 23 minutes lol.

• Moderators

I'd love to run through some stuff, but I am not even level 20 yet... and no headset.  I'll have to see if I can get some playing time in tonight to level him up some more.

• Supporting Member

I know Chris is on PS4 but are you @fiveohwblow ? I didn't get as much play time in last night as I was helping a clan mate out with something but I may have some time to run you both through whatever you need this weekend. To give you a better idea of the time frame for what I ran on Tuesday we started at 7pm EST and finished at Midnight. We started by knocking out two Nightfalls really quick, then the two HM raids, mind you with two different sword bearers, then knocked out the last nightfall while waiting for everyone to swap weapons and do what they needed then we ran the normal mode raid. The record for my group I normally run with on normal mode is 23:59, yes thats 23 minutes lol.

Yessiree I bought a ps4 destiny edition in box with two remotes in box, new headset all for $300. Score. So now I'm a frustrated 26 lol. My SN is schadyj. I would love to have some help!

I'll still rock the good ol controller.

Blackmage why dont you have a PS4? Everyone is doing it...........

cuz i keep spending $$ on vacations, random car parts and the house :-/ 

I'd love to run through some stuff, but I am not even level 20 yet... and no headset.  I'll have to see if I can get some playing time in tonight to level him up some more.

You know the game came with a little earbud headset, 90s style but works ok.

Yessiree I bought a ps4 destiny edition in box with two remotes in box, new headset all for $300. Score. So now I'm a frustrated 26 lol. My SN is schadyj. I would love to have some help!

You know you should just be rocking bounties and Vanguard strikes to get your rep up with them. You can buy the gear from the vanguard that will make you 31, good enough to get into the normal crota raid.

• Supporting Member

You know the game came with a little earbud headset, 90s style but works ok.

You know you should just be rocking bounties and Vanguard strikes to get your rep up with them. You can buy the gear from the vanguard that will make you 31, good enough to get into the normal crota raid.

Bingo. Will be exactly what I do tonight again. So long as I'm 27+ I can get in on some raid fun and play "don't die"

I'll have to take a look if I got that. I don't remember seeing it.

I have mine sitting around if you can't find yours.

Bingo. Will be exactly what I do tonight again. So long as I'm 27+ I can get in on some raid fun and play "don't die"

I have mine sitting around if you can't find yours.

27 you can do VOG, but you want to be at least 30 for Crota.  If you have 200 Vanguard Marks you can get the Boots and Gloves without the Vanguard coin (whatever it is) you get when you rank up, you only need 2 one for your head piece and 1 for the chest piece.  

I would check tonight to see how many marks you have and buy the glove and boots if you can then do your stuff (this way those start to level it) then try to max out your weekly mark cap (100) because if you can do that then you should be able to get your chest piece.  Of course this all depends on what your class is. If have an exotic that you use a lot.  

Example an 1 Exotic piece of gear and 3 pieces of Raid gear will make you 32.

• Supporting Member

27 you can do VOG, but you want to be at least 30 for Crota. If you have 200 Vanguard Marks you can get the Boots and Gloves without the Vanguard coin (whatever it is) you get when you rank up, you only need 2 one for your head piece and 1 for the chest piece.

I would check tonight to see how many marks you have and buy the glove and boots if you can then do your stuff (this way those start to level it) then try to max out your weekly mark cap (100) because if you can do that then you should be able to get your chest piece. Of course this all depends on what your class is. If have an exotic that you use a lot.

Example an 1 Exotic piece of gear and 3 pieces of Raid gear will make you 32.

Unfortunately I am not a rank 2 for vanguard so I can't buy squat at the moment. Need to do some grinding first for reputation. I currently have 200 vanguard, 16 strange coins and 18 motes of light.

Destiny is a very social game having a headset is a must

cuz i keep spending $$ on vacations, random car parts and the house :-/ 

screw the car parts, PS4 is way more fun

Good GAWD! I can't even get my one Titan past a damned 26 it's frosting my balls. Tons of play time and I can't get any gear. Going to just do bounties and get my vanguard rating to a 2 and buy shit. I've got strange coins as well so when xur returns, I'll be buying stuff from him. Just annoyed this week.

I bought it when I got to that point, its what most people have to do. Waiting for a full set of vanguard gear to just drop takes forever. Should have just asked us we would have told you to buy it a long time ago lol

• Moderators

One day.  I wanted to run through the story line and do as much single player as possible before getting into multiplayer.  It was definitely fun tagging along with you that one morning though.

• Supporting Member

screw the car parts, PS4 is way more fun

I bought it when I got to that point, its what most people have to do. Waiting for a full set of vanguard gear to just drop takes forever. Should have just asked us we would have told you to buy it a long time ago lol

Just did. Rocking two purps and bought the helmet from xur so I am now a 28.

Took us 5 tries, about 3 hrs to get it. One guy died twice and the other times were stupid things that happened, none were on me though. The level 26 enemy's on VOG do not make up for the fact that its a much longer, complex and glitchy raid. No way to get in 5 runs on VOG in 3 hrs. Just getting through the templar part takes longer then what it does to get to the death singer in Crota. Do the hunter to solo the abyss, the bridge part does not take long and after that its just the death singer then crota. We even had a 31 with us but a full group of 32's can rip through the crota raid really easy. Our sword guy got him down in 2 swords which helped a lot. Only trophy's I have left is upgrading the hunter subclass and completing a raid with all members of your fireteam. Getting the platinum wont be hard at all now and will be #8 for me and the platinum for The Order 1886 does not seem to hard either, I'll be picking that up this friday.